Download topo maps for an offline outdoor navigator! Use your phone or tablet as an offroad topo mapping handheld GPS with the bestselling outdoor navigation app for Android! Explore beyond cell coverage for hiking and other recreation.
Download topo maps for the US and many other countries in advance, so you won’t need cell coverage for navigation. Use storage memory for maps.
New: Android Wear support to see navigation at a glance on wrist
Use GPS waypoints from GPX or KML files, or enter your own coordinates using longitude/latitude, UTM, MGRS, or grid reference. Using GOTO makes a waypoint a locus for navigation.
This uses many publicly available map sources as free downloads. Some additional content available as an in app purchase:
– Accuterra Topo Map Source for $19.99/year. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free sources.
– Digital Globe Subscription allows offline storage of high res satellite imagery for much of the world.
– Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) Overlay for topo maps valued by hunters.
– GMU boundaries in some states
– Lake Contours in several states.
– Content from US TrailMaps including:
– ATV, Whitewater, and Equestrian Trail Maps
See the menu under More-> “Purchasing AddOns”. They can be shown on top of topo maps.
What's New 6.2.1- Storage recovery adjustments.
- Map Source Changes due to MapQuest phase out.
- Compass Algorithm Options
- Accuterra Slope map fixes.
- More fixes and Optimizations
- Be sure to accept permissions on Android 6.0.
- Record Audio files for waypoints (beta) which is why there is microphone permission.
- Addons include Accuterra map source, GMUs of various states. SnowMobile trail maps, ATV, Equestrian, Birding, and Whitewater trail maps, and BLM Land Boundary Maps of 12 western states.