Turn your phone or tablet into an air traffic radar and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your Android device at a plane in the sky to find out where it’s going and more. Discover today why millions are already using Flightradar24 – Flight Tracker.
Flightradar24 – Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 100+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more)
– Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
– Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky
– Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D
– Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
– Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
– Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
– Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
– Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
– Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
– Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
What's New 6.6.1- For this release, we have focused on filters. We have extended the filter functionality and made it easier to use. It is now possible to filter on a whole family of aircraft as well as highlight filtered aircraft over the top of all visible aircraft
- It is also now possible to change map settings directly from main map
- The release also contains a number of bug fixes and we have made the app compatible with Android 6