Lux isn’t your ordinary brightness app. It intelligently adjusts the brightness of your display based on the environment you’re in. If you step into a dimly lit room, Lux will automatically lower the brightness of your display to make it not only comfortable to read, but to also preserve battery power.
Lux is also able to adjust the screen temperature of your display automatically to make it appropriate for night usage. At sunset, you can have Lux automatically warm your display and switch to your Night profile. If you’re an astronomer, you can enable astronomer mode to cut out harsh white light. If you have a root enabled phone, you may even be able to apply these enhancements at a low level with Lux’s plug-in system.
Perhaps the best thing about Lux is that you can teach it how to behave. If the backlight is too bright or dim for your liking, simply open the provided Dashboard, adjust the brightness slider to the level you desire, then hold the link button. Lux will use this new ‘link’ as a reference in future.
– Stable, custom auto brightness with root plug-in support.
– Use your ambient light sensor or camera(s) to read in ambient light.
– Subzero brightness for night viewing.
– Select between Auto, Day, Night, Car and Cinema light profiles
– Automatic night mode. Change the colour temperature of your display for comfortable night time viewing.
– Astronomer mode. Adds a red filter to your display to preserve the eyesight of stargazers.
– Power-user settings such as choice of interpolation, filters, and linked sample editing.
– Add app specific exceptions via sleep mode. NOTE: This is broken in Android 5.0 due to API changes beyond my control.
– Customisable fade for backlight adjustments.
– Tasker and Locale support
– Battery efficient.
– Backup to SD.
– No ads or other nuisances.
Note: Please disable other brightness apps before using Lux. The author is not liable for any issues caused when using this app.
What's New 1.0-2016-05-01- Attempt to fix Android 6.0+ crashes
- If using plug-ins, please check that Lux has been granted root access