MacroDroid is a powerful task automation and configuration app that focuses heavily on usability with a simple UI and logical step by step process.
A few examples of what MacroDroid can automate
– Turn on the Wifi connection when you launch a particular app (and off again when closed).
– Auto respond to a specific incoming SMS by sending your current location.
– Toggle the power button to tell you the time (without taking out of your pocket).
– Use NFC tags to configure the device (turn on bluetooth, set volume etc).
Creating a custom Macro is easy
– Click ‘Add Macro’
– Select a trigger from a list – (e.g. Battery Level).
– Configure any trigger specific settings – (e.g. Battery Level < 10%)
– Select an action from a list – (e.g Enable/Disable Wifi)
– Configure any action specific setting – (e.g. Disable Wifi)
– Add more actions as required (up to 10)
– Optionally select a constraint from a list – (e.g. Day of the Week)
– Configure constraint as required (e.g. Saturday and Sunday)
– Add more constraints as required (up to 10).
– Choose a name and category for the Macro.
MacroDroid includes many built in and user shared templates to demonstrate the power and flexibility of the application and help you get started. These templates can be used as is, or easily customised to meet your needs.
The free version of MacroDroid is limited to five macros and displays adverts. You can upgrade in the application to allow unlimited macros and remove all adverts.