Listen to live audio from over 5,300 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia, with more being added daily).
– View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
– View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (list updated every 5 minutes).
– View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
– Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
– Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, weather, railroad, etc).
– Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 1000, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners.
– Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your phone’s home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
– Add a “Scanner Radio Pro Favorite” shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
– Listen to Broadcastify.com’s audio archives to listen to audio that’s been archived over the past 30 days.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app
– Access to all 6 theme colors (requires Android 5.x or 6.x).
– No ads.
– The ability to record the audio.
– Player controls on the lock screen (version 4.x of the app only).
– The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
– With the “Scanner Radio Pro Locale PlgIn” plug-in is also installed you can have Locale/Tasker launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing.
What's New 6.2- Added a "4x1 Top" widget that can be added to a home screen which displays the scanner feed that contains the most listeners along with the number of listeners. The widget is updated every 15 minutes via a push notification
- Redesigned the 4x1 and 4x2 Favorites home screen widgets (you'll need to delete and re-add your widgets)
- After connection to audio server is lost, app will no longer attempt to connect forever, now will only try for 10 minutes by default (configurable via new setting)