Listen to live audio from over 6,300 police and fire scanners and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia, with more being added daily).
– View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
– View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
– View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
– Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
– Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, etc).
– Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 3500, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners and when new scanners are added.
– Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
– Add a “Scanner Radio Pro Favorite” shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
– Listen to Broadcastify.com’s audio archives to listen to audio that’s been archived over the past 6 months Note: You *must* have an account on Broadcastify.com and purchase their “Premium Membership” ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
– Supports Android Auto.
– Locale/Tasker can be used to launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
– No ads.
– Access to all 6 theme colors (requires Android 5.x and later).
– Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (vs within 15 minutes in the free version).
– The ability to record the audio.
– The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.